"Recipes are meant to be shared"

It is my intention to add a couple of recipes here every week. Although between working and playing with my daily blog 'Thibeault's Table', I'm not always successful.

Sticky Toffee Dessert


Sticky Toffee Dessert
=====================
Source: Vancouver Cooks - Chef Rolf Gunter from Rim Rock Cafe & Oyster Bar

1 cup whipping cream
1 1/4 cups unsalted butter
2 1/4 cups brown sugar
6 oz. Pitted dates
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/4 cups boiling water
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp. Baking powder

NOTE: I used Medjool Dates

This comforting Pudding lives up to its name! For an extra touch, garnish dessert with a drizzle of chocolate sauce. Serves 6 to 8.

Note: I used my Caramel sauce over this dessert.

Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line an 8 inch springform pan with aluminum foil and butter it well.

Place cream, 1 cup of of the butter and 1 3/4 cups of the brown sugar in a saucepan on medium heat. Boil for 5 minutes, until the sauce begins to turn brown and thicken slightly. Pour half into the springform pan. Save the rest of the sauce.

Place dates and baking soda in a bowl. Add boiling water, mix and let cool.

Place the remaining butter , the remaining sugar and vanilla in an electric mixer. Beat on medium high for about 5 minutes, until well creamed. Beat in the egg, then stir in the date mixture.

Combine flour and baking powder in a bowl. Fold into the egg mixture until evenly incorporated. Pour into the springform pan and bake in the oven for 30 minutes. Turn down the oven to 300°F and bake for 60 minutes, until golden brown and firm when touched lightly.

To serve: unmould the pudding, slice it and place on individual plates. Drizzle with the warmed reserved sauce.

NOTE: I found that this cake cooked much quicker than the time called for in the recipe. I baked it for 30 minutes at 350°F and then for another 20 to 25 minutes at 300°F.

Caramel Sauce
=============

1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup cream
pinch of salt
2 teaspoons vanilla

Mix all the ingredients together and simmer for about 5 or 6 minutes.

Serve over Bread and butter pudding, apple pie and ice cream, warm gingerbread, etc..

1 comment:

breast engorgement said...

I thought it was an excellent blog, that information has been very helpful in my life, I am a desserts lover, so I really enjoyed this reading, this weekend I want to do one! Thanks for this great moment!

Post a Comment