"Recipes are meant to be shared"

It is my intention to add a couple of recipes here every week. Although between working and playing with my daily blog 'Thibeault's Table', I'm not always successful.

Spicy Candied Walnuts


Spicy Candied Walnuts
=====================
These are wonderful and add a little spice to the salad. I made extra and snacked on just the walnuts.

Source: www.jsonline.com

1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup walnut halves (I doubled the number of walnuts)

Bring sugar and water to a boil. Add the walnuts and then simmer on low heat for about 8 minutes or until walnuts start to soften.

Mix together:

1/2 cup sugar
2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
2 teaspoons sea salt
1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper

Strain the walnuts out of the sugar syrup and toss in the seasoned sugar. I leave them in the bowl for a few minutes and toss again. Spread on wax paper until cool. Try not to eat them all. Save some for the salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment