"Recipes are meant to be shared"

It is my intention to add a couple of recipes here every week. Although between working and playing with my daily blog 'Thibeault's Table', I'm not always successful.

Stuffed Mushrooms


Stuffed Mushrooms
=================
Posted by: chase (My Page) on Wed, Apr 13, 05 at 19:57
I don't know if this is inventive, actually they are so simple but they are damn good.
Stuffed Mushrooms
20 large white mushrooms
1/3 Cup butter (maybe a bit more)
4 or 5 green onions chopped fine
2 1/2 cups grated cheddar
1/3 Cups bread crumbs more or less if needed
salt

Clean mushrooms and carefully remove stems. Chop stems and onions finely (I use the
food processor). Melt butter in a sauté pan. Sauté mushroom stems and onions over
medium heat until soft but not browned and the stems have given up their juices. Mixture
should be quite moist. Add the bread crumbs, only enough to absorb the liquid. Add the
grated cheese and stir just until it has melted. Don't worry if the oil separates from the
cheese.~ Stuff the mixture into the caps and sprinkle with a bit of salt (or you can salt after they come out of the oven...which is what I usually do). Bake at 375 for 12-15 minutes or until the caps are nice and soft.

No comments:

Post a Comment