"Recipes are meant to be shared"

It is my intention to add a couple of recipes here every week. Although between working and playing with my daily blog 'Thibeault's Table', I'm not always successful.

Truffle Wrapped Cherries



Truffle Wrapped Cherries
========================
Source: Recipes Only 1990
The ultimate dream of a true chocophile. A cherry surrounded by a smooth, rich
truffle mixture and tipped in chocolate.

Truffle Mixture

1/3 cup Whipping cream
2 tbsp Butter
2 tbsp Granulated Sugar
4 squares Semi-Sweet Chocolate
24 Maraschino Cherries w/ Stems
Chocolate Coating
6 squares Semi-Sweet Chocolate


Combine cream, butter and sugar; bring to a boil over medium heat. Remove from heat; add chocolate. Stir until melted. Chill mixture until firm enough to handle, 3 to 4 hours. Wrap each cherry in about 1 teaspoon truffle mixture. Chill Chocolate Coating. Partially melt chocolate over hot water. Remove from heat and continue stirring until completely melted. Dip cherries in melted chocolate; place on waxed paper lined tray. Chill to set chocolate. Makes 24 cherries.

6 comments:

Deborah said...

I love chocolate covered cherries, but these look even better!

Jennifer said...

What a great idea and decadent use for fresh cherries! I just bought a bag today :)

Carrie said...

I tried a version of these for Christmas, and we loved them. Thanks!

Thibeault's Table said...

They are good aren't they?

Ann

Anonymous said...

These were delicious and so easy to make - I made all sorts of homemade candies for my husbands employees at Christmas and these were a HUGE hit - they look much more difficult to make than they actually were - very simple in fact. I got so much praise for being such a gourmet (chuckle) partly because of this recipe! Thank you for sharing this recipe because, I agree, recipes are meant to be shared!

Meg@tr0n1luv said...

This recipe RULES!! I LOVE IT. My Grandma showed it to me when I was young. Now I have a Bakery business that sells desserts to the Italian Restaurant next door, and these are SO going on both menu's... My favourite way to have chocolate for sure! OM NOM NOM :) :) Thanks for making the (right) recipe so searchable! <3 from Canada

Post a Comment