"Recipes are meant to be shared"

It is my intention to add a couple of recipes here every week. Although between working and playing with my daily blog 'Thibeault's Table', I'm not always successful.

Minestrone Soup


Minestrone Soup
===============
A very basic Outline on how I make my Minestrone Soup.

Very Rich Beef Broth, preferably homemade, but canned will work
olive oil
garlic
onions
celery
carrots
green beans
spinach
zucchini
canned tomatoes
parsley
basil
oregano
Chick Peas
Kidney Beans
small pasta
Homemade pesto
Parmesan Cheese
(optional)
I like to add some broccoli and cauliflower to my minestrone soup as well.

Make Beef broth or use canned. Sauté onions, celery, carrots in olive oil, add garlic and add beef broth and canned tomatoes and parsley. Season with basil and salt and pepper. Simmer for 30 minutes and then add green beans, zucchini and simmer for another 20 minutes.( if using broccoli or cauliflower add now as well) Add kidney beans and chickpeas and spinach.
Cook the pasta separately. To serve ladle soup into bowls, add some of the cooked pasta and a dollop of pesto and sprinkle with fresh parmesan cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment